Yesterday, I attended Habitat for Humanity’s first-ever Social Media Circle meet. It was held at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in Century City Mall. The said event was hosted by PopTalk host and fellow Habitat Online Champion, Kuya Tonipet Gaba.
Habitat’s CEO and Managing Director Charlie Ayco delighted on the overwhelming attendance of bloggers who have the same advocacy to spread about Habitat for Humanity Philippines’ programs and campaigns thru their respective blogs.
Meanwhile, Habitat Director of Communications Ms. Gina Virtusio shared about the Habitat Online Champion campaign and how we can help build more houses to the people are in need of shelter.
Habitat for Humanity works to provide decent shelter to families living in-sub-standard, deplorable condition. They acknowledges the empowerment of social media. Not just doing selfies, #ootd, and sharing throwback moments on our social media accounts, we must do something to our fellow kababayans who are in need of our help, especially those people who are still doesn’t have permanent house during the massive destruction of Typhoon Yolanda.
The objective of the said campaign are:
- To build valuable relationship with key social media influencers who will serve as Habitat’s spokespersons online.
- To boost Habitat’s presence and visibility in key social media sites.
- To reach a wider audience online— increase Facebook likes and Twitter/Instagram followers.
- To utilize social media channels as a potential tool to drive donations, volunteer sign-ups, and advocacy support.
With the gathering of respected bloggers, celebrities, and individuals who are willing to help spread the word of Habitat’s advocacy, a lot of you are wondering how you can help and become a Habitat Online Champions like me:
- Spread the word about Habitat’s advocacy
-whether you’re a blogger or not, you are entitled to spread the advocacy of Habitat Philippines. With your strong support to Habitat’s programs, campaigns and events, you can encourage your peers, fans, and social media followers to do the same. You may also regularly promote Habitat and its work in appropriate social media channels.
- Be a Volunteer
– I’m excited for our Bloggers’ Build soon, and experience to build someone’s house for a cause.
If you want to experience building a house to a Habitat community in the country. Join us as we do Habitat Build and be a part of bringing hope to families. Fill out the Volunteer Registration Form at Habitat’s website.
- Help us to fundraise!
– With your support, you can help Habitat raise funds to build more homes for families in need of decent shelter. Sign up here and you can create your own give2habitat page. And through your our fundraising page, you can easily ask your friends or people within your social media networ to chop in via their credit car or Paypal account. Every donations received by Habitat are automatically posted and updated on your page regularly to help you monitor how much you have raised.
Been grateful to receive a Certificate of Appreciation yesterday. Overwhelmed become one of the Habitat Online Champions and recognized over my contribution in spreading the word thru this blog about Habitat’s ReBuild Philippines Program for Typhoon Yolanda affected communities.I’ve been planning to put up my own give2habitat page in time for my birthday on November, and I’ll continue to spread on how we can build thousands of houses in the country through Habitat’s advocacy.