A point-of-sale (POS) system helps small business owners accept payments and manage a business with an impressive array of features. The best POS systems, such as the Merchant Account Solutions Clover POS system let you track inventory and sales, manage employees, grow customer relationships, and analyze data.
With a wealth of point of sale systems and software available in the market, how does your small business choose the right one for your unique needs? To find the best POS system for small business, these are the standards to consider:
- Price: The monthly fee, cost of add-on features, and payment processing fees where applicable.
- Ease of Use: The best systems are intuitive and easy for anyone to pick up and use immediately.
- Payment Processing: There are two types: A POS system with built-in payment processing, like the Clover Flex and those that require a third-party merchant services provider.
- Inventory Management: The majority of the systems include inventory management to some degree, but some are more advanced or work for niche industries.
- Customer Relationship Management: At the very least, a POS system should allow the business owner to make customer profiles, and at best, loyalty programs, email marketing, and gift cards are offered as features.
- Employee Management: A next generation POS system offers staff management, such as scheduling, time clocks, and user permissions.
- Online Sales: If your business is a brick-and-mortar store and you are planning to grow it to a bricks and clicks business model, look for a POS software that offers built-in ecommerce support or integrated solutions.
- Integrations: From bookkeeping to marketing, all POS systems should offer integrations to help complete your ability to manage all aspects of your small business.
- Customer Support: Consider the level of customer support satisfaction and availability for each system.
Choosing the right POS system is vital for small businesses. Whether you choose a Booker Clover POS, a SmartSwipe POS or a LightSpeed POS, with the right POS system, small businesses can manage and control business expenses with greater proficiency, have a better understanding of what products sell best and then refine their stock accordingly, track product results and performance and engage customers and prospective customers with loyalty rewards.